Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New year

I think something comes along with the New Year that also inspires planning.

Kat and I have been doing a lot of planning and thinking and working and reworking. This year we've got the baby on the way and ready or not he or she is coming sometime in June. This means deciding how we're going to work bedrooms and decorating and jobs, etc.

I'm also back in school starting the end of this month to complicate things. I've got six courses left for my Masters. After this semester, that'll make four classes, so planning when to take which classes is important.

We have also more or less decided that after I graduate, we can get a truck. Not a brand new one or anything, but something useful. I've got grand plans as to what the truck should have with it. For instance, I think a truck that is really a truck should have 4 wheel drive. Otherwise, you're a car with ground clearance and a big trunk.

Also, I'd like it to have four doors. Either the full 4 door crew cab or at least the extended cab with the two doors that open backwards. I figure it's a good idea to be able to pack a kid or two in the truck.

I also want the long bed. Although the 6 ft bed would probably do, with an 8 ft bed, I could haul plywood or drywall without having it hanging out of the bed.

We're also talking about getting a dog this year. So that includes discussion on what breed, when, how, why, who.. pretty much any question you can imagine. Mainly though, should it come before or after the baby. We dog-sat for my parents for about a week while they were away and we sorta liked having a furry one under feet. Still, we had originally planned for Christmas time later this year. Further more, not only is our fence not quite completed yet, I don't think it would hold in a dog, expecially if we pick a breed that had a good vertical leap or can dig. The fence will keep in a small human in, but don't know about a smart dog, so an invisible fence is probably in our future.

So much to think about. Have a happy new year and I hope your planning is less complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment