Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some lifetime What-ifs decided in an afternoon

So as you probably already know, my wife and I are expecting our second child. It is our intention to only have two children. Yesterday we went in for the second sonogram to make sure everything is going smoothly along the development path. We also were able to determine the sex of the child.

For those waiting in anticipation....



It's a boy!


(And he wasn't shy about it either)


Anyway, this being our last one, it looks like we'll have two boys. While it is quite a relief to know and it simplifies a great many things for us, there is also a touch of sadness. As I thought about it today, this means there are some things I'll never experience as a parent.

Being a father of all boys, I'll never get to help pick out a beautiful little Christmas dress or get my daughter's hair done for her first grade picture.

Also I'll never get to walk my little girl down the aisle for her wedding or shake he nerves of some poor boy who comes to pick her up for her prom.

BUT there are some advantages

I'll never have to help shop for my child's bra

I'll never have to deal with my daughter's first bout of PMS

I'll have a couple of rough and tumble boys who will cry more over hurt knees then hurt feelings.

We had no preconceptions to our second child being a boy or a girl really and didn't really prefer one over the other. I'm quote happy that we're having a boy, but I would have been just as happy with a girl. This type of information does get you to thinking though. I guess we'll just hope to have some nieses to spoil in the future =)

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment