Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SQRT(SUM(3V1L)) = M0N3Y

Money talk.

So we calculated out our budget for the coming year and are doing OK... at least we were until I thought about our retirement.

Basically, we had talked about it being a good idea to utilize the full matching contribution for retirement for work. I set that up yesterday and it was still going to be less then my salary increase for this year, but the good wife went into a downward spiral of worry.

This morning we were less then personable to each other because of it. I've got half a mind to say "screw the future" and drop the retirement back down just so the budget is easier to balance.

Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend labs. I have one you could borrow from time to time if you were still on the fence of commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We might take you up on that :)

    ReplyDelete